Growing Talent on twitter
- @Growing_Talent #ClimateChange solution #Senegal featured on international news this morning. Innovative i… https://t.co/En5c5JsegN4 days ago
- @Growing_Talent Shennell long-time @Growing_Talent #supporter has finally seen her long journey come to fruition on the home front… 6 days ago
- @Growing_Talent Wonderful catching up with Kat this morning @Growing_Talent @myPortico exciting new chapter beginning for her.… 6 days ago
- @Growing_Talent Fantastic @Wolves and @wwfcfoundation - hope other #football clubs follow your example 9 days ago
No Man’s Land……
Over the weekend I saw Sir Patrick Stewart & Sir Ian McKellan in this Harold Pinter play. Without researching the play, I booked tickets for a box – because they must have better views than the stalls/circle – right? Wrong!
Well, things are not always as we imagine them to be. On reflection, I thought how similar my experience is to some of the experiences of Growing Talent Associates.
My expectation of the box being the best view – when in reality it is restricted giving a view of only half the stage – unless you abseil over the edge! Was much like the expectations of some of the Growing Talent Associates – expectations don’t always match reality!
I thought about the two lead actors. Excellent skill at their craft. I’ve been enthralled by their pervious performances on both tv and film screens. However, my view is without a great script, your won’t carry the audience no matter how great the actors are and this wasn’t a great script !
Despite looking forward to this play for some time, I left during the interval! I realised:
- You really have to do your research first
- You have to know when to leave if it’s going to be a waste of time
Exactly what Growing Talent Associates must do. Growing Talent isn’t for everyone – just as No Man’s Land wasn’t for me!