Growing Talent on twitter
- @Growing_Talent Unemployed? Want to secure a permanent, full-time role in London? Fed-up of being seen by your 'label' rather than… 1 day ago
- @Growing_Talent Great 1st appraisals coming in for the talented & empowered trio that is Ella, Florence & Suaad @Growing_Talent fro… 1 month ago
- @Growing_Talent After all their hard work, collaboration and dedication to get into work, Ella, Suaad & Florence - our fabulous… 1 month ago
- @Growing_Talent Here's a label that I know our fabulously talented @Growing_Talent Associates will love - introducing… 1 month ago
No Man’s Land……
Over the weekend I saw Sir Patrick Stewart & Sir Ian McKellan in this Harold Pinter play. Without researching the play, I booked tickets for a box – because they must have better views than the stalls/circle – right? Wrong!
Well, things are not always as we imagine them to be. On reflection, I thought how similar my experience is to some of the experiences of Growing Talent Associates.
My expectation of the box being the best view – when in reality it is restricted giving a view of only half the stage – unless you abseil over the edge! Was much like the expectations of some of the Growing Talent Associates – expectations don’t always match reality!
I thought about the two lead actors. Excellent skill at their craft. I’ve been enthralled by their pervious performances on both tv and film screens. However, my view is without a great script, your won’t carry the audience no matter how great the actors are and this wasn’t a great script !
Despite looking forward to this play for some time, I left during the interval! I realised:
- You really have to do your research first
- You have to know when to leave if it’s going to be a waste of time
Exactly what Growing Talent Associates must do. Growing Talent isn’t for everyone – just as No Man’s Land wasn’t for me!