Growing Talent on twitter
- @Growing_Talent What an excellent idea @Churchill_Group 4 days ago
- @Growing_Talent Shout out to all @Growing_Talent people - we’ve got through this year. Embrace #Christmas2020 as much as you can. 2… 22 days ago
- @Growing_Talent Remember https://t.co/3KR7nFlWgH2 months ago
- @Growing_Talent What an #uplifting #inspirational journey by #TaraLegge changed careers at 47. If you have a dream - go for it what… 2 months ago
No Man’s Land……
Over the weekend I saw Sir Patrick Stewart & Sir Ian McKellan in this Harold Pinter play. Without researching the play, I booked tickets for a box – because they must have better views than the stalls/circle – right? Wrong!
Well, things are not always as we imagine them to be. On reflection, I thought how similar my experience is to some of the experiences of Growing Talent Associates.
My expectation of the box being the best view – when in reality it is restricted giving a view of only half the stage – unless you abseil over the edge! Was much like the expectations of some of the Growing Talent Associates – expectations don’t always match reality!
I thought about the two lead actors. Excellent skill at their craft. I’ve been enthralled by their pervious performances on both tv and film screens. However, my view is without a great script, your won’t carry the audience no matter how great the actors are and this wasn’t a great script !
Despite looking forward to this play for some time, I left during the interval! I realised:
- You really have to do your research first
- You have to know when to leave if it’s going to be a waste of time
Exactly what Growing Talent Associates must do. Growing Talent isn’t for everyone – just as No Man’s Land wasn’t for me!