Growing Talent on twitter
- @Growing_Talent How fantastic is this? Giving people dignity and respect works wonders every time - no matter their age. With a glo… 1 month ago
- @Growing_Talent #shoutout to the amazing Kat previous @Growing_Talent - still shining her light now moving out to #Essex from… 2 months ago
- @Growing_Talent Today is day one of the virtual @Growing_Talent #orientation and #holistic week for the fab 10 selected by a global… 3 months ago
- @Growing_Talent @Rachy0808 @RobBiddulph Wow #Joshua, what a friendly@monster indeed @Rachy0808 @RobBiddulph #drawwithrob - wouldn’… 4 months ago
*5 Hospitality Hybrid – 20.10.21
Growing Talent, Pertemps and a 5* hotel in St James’s, London have joined together to offer a unique way for you to ‘test drive’ a permanent job to see if a career in high-end hospitality suits you.
What makes this opportunity different to a direct role? The wide range of training you receive from communication to basic finance, from self empowerment to wellbeing and qualification in managing and promoting positive mental health – your own and those around you.
This training alone runs into hundreds of pounds per head, but really makes a proven difference in empowering someone to succeed.
In addition, the ‘foot in the door’ opportunities with the hotel leads to development and progression to build the role into an international career where there is a drive to succeed in this sector.
Selection is undertaken by Pertemps and their client. This opens up wider opportunities with Pertemps if hospitality turns out not to be right for you. How do we know if something is right for us without test driving it?
Roles on offer through this opportunity:
Interdepartmental Runners – support all areas – £18K base plus £5K-8K bonuses
Welcome Hosts – base £20K + bonuses up to £10K
Senior Supervisors/Floor Managers – base£23K plus unto £10K bonus
The hotel is open Tuesday to Saturday. All shifts are 40 hours per week, rotational shifts – start/finish times are dependent on the roles.
Format of opportunity:
- Attend virtual information session 20.10.21
- Complete a Form of Interest
- 1st stage selection with Pertemps in Holborn – right to work documentation needs to be presented
- 2nd and final selection stage with hotel in St James’s, London
- Commence Growing Talent’s virtual orientation/holistic week
- Go into training in the end role to evaluate the role, team, organisation, opportunity and development potential – max 2 weeks
- For the duration of this three week journey, you are unpaid, retain your benefits and have your travel paid by JobCentre Plus
- A dedicated mentor is provided for the journey
- Manuals are provided for onward learning
What’s covered on the orientation/holistic part?
Communication – conflict management, assertiveness, networking, liaising at all levels, different methods and types
Social media – how to use it effectively and avoid challenges. Issues to be aware of
Legislation – understanding how elements of the Equalities Act 2010 could affect you as an employee
Waste and Recycling – why it’s important in business as well as communities
Moving on tips – internally and externally, personal brand, elevator pitch etc
Holistic content covered:
Nutrition on a budget – how to eat healthily and cheaply
Fitness without the gym – self care
Mind control – understanding emotions, their impact on thoughts and behaviour – and their impact on those around them – home and work (emotional intelligence)
It’s Your Money – basic everyday finance, ways to grow savings and manage money better, debt management
I-Act Managing and Promoting Positive Mental Health and Wellbeing – accredited and carries CPD points
Contact your work coach at JobCentre Plus for more details. Alternatively, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting your interest and stating your name, work coach and JobCentre Plus office you are assigned to. Someone from JobCente Plus will then contact you with joining details.